Court Security Officer | VIC - Hume
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:|| CSV - PD (1).pdf (PDF, 276KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2023|
Our team at Court Services Victoria keeps the courts and tribunals and the people who attend them safe, secure and orderly. For people living with family violence, court security also makes the experience of attending court safer and less confronting.
WHAT WE OFFER
As part of the role you will be offered:
- Part time roles available
- Day time hours of operation Monday to Friday, no nights or weekend work
- Onsite Paid Training gaining work related Accreditation and Certification
- An opportunity to build a career in a professional environment
- Chances to grow within the G4S team
- Vacancies across Regional Victoria, in Wodonga and Corryong
As a valued team member, you'll play a significant role in helping build safer communities by ensuring the public feel safe and protected when dealing with the judicial system. This is a varied position where you have to think on your feet, be able to problem solve and work as a team, making no two days the same.
You'll be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional Customer Service to anyone entering the court
- Conducting x-ray screening, using metal detectors and searching individuals for prohibited items
- Acting as a first responder to any incidents that may occur
- Managing access and control rooms
Courts Services Victoria is divided into seven hub locations across the State. There are more the 65 courts across Victoria allocated to these hubs. Your work place within a Hub can be both fixed or flexible, and we can provide opportunities for movement within the contract to support your requirements.
Essentials Requirements for Security Officers:
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- A valid Victorian Security Licence, or have applied for your Licence
- First Aid and CPR Qualification
G4S has a Pre employment Process which all successful applicants will go through. For this we complete three simple checks: 2 years of employment references, a National Police Check and a Medical Assessment. Passing these checks is important to your application and your recruiter will support you through the process.
G4S, An Allied Universal® Company is a leading security and facility services company that provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions. With a global workforce of approximately 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practice processes and systems to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We employ over 2,000 people across Australia and New Zealand and partner with Government, industries and law enforcement agencies to deliver Integrated Security and Justice Services across a diverse range of portfolios. These include Port Phillip Prison, Mount Gambier Prison, Prisoner Transport Operations, Court Security, Custody Centres, Corporate Security, Mobile Speed Cameras, our Support Offices, and more. For more information about G4S Australia and New Zealand, please visit g4s.com.au. To explore our careers site, please visit careers.au.g4s.com.
G4S is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who is interested in this position to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Master Security Licence Number 409811360